REASON 102: The Truth About Obamacare
- Up to 30 million people joined the insured when Obamacare went into effect.
- Obamacare will allow Americans under 26 could stay on their parents' health plan. That means that 500,000 previously uninsured young people will now have health care.
- Obamacare ensures that sick people can't be dropped from insurance.
- Obamacare makes it so Americans can't be denied coverage for pre-existing conditions.
- Obamacare prevents insurance companies from charging women more for insurance than men.
-Romney says Obamacare will increase the deficit, but this is false. In fact, Obamacare cuts the deficit by over a trillion dollars over the next two decades.
- All Americans have the option to stay on their current healthcare plans.
- By 2019, 17 million Americans below the poverty line will be eligible for Medicaid due to expansion of the program.
- Over 20.4 million women will gain access to new women's health care preventative services and better access to wellness visits.
- The Affordable Care Act reduces costs of premiums to millions of families and small businesses and provides billions dollars in tax relief—the largest middle class tax cut for health care in history.